Monday, February 11, 2008

First Post

I just created my blog, and this is my first post! I created it to share my personal opinions about tech happenings and personal tips.

I am using the firefox 3.0 nightly builds and I love them. The new icons are welcome since the old ones were outdated. There isn't much new besides minor UI adjustments. Firefox complies with the acid2 web standards test. Page rendering is also much faster. The biggest change is the UI doesn't bother you with pop-up windows. Instead of pop-ups, it uses that bar that appears at under your toolbars. Instead of asking you to remember the password in a pop-up, it asks you in that bar. I LOVE THAT! Now it wont remember your wrong passwords because you tell it to remember your password after the page has been loaded (I am not good at explaining things). When you drag selected items you can see them being moved like the macs have always had. I have been testing it since alpha 1 and I have never had any serious problems. Most of my problems stem from quicktime crashing firefox. If you want to help make firefox a better browser go download it now. I was very sad when they removed the home button, I use it a lot because I have all my rss feeds on my igoogle page and I check them regularly. There should be an option to add it back (there probably is one but I haven't found it). Firefox rules!

The non-nightly version can be downloaded here. Nightly is available here.

Tip: If you want to block ads in firefox or any other type of image, right click on the image and click the button that says block ads from (url). This only works for images and not flash ads.

No comments: